Friday 15 October 2010

Pin It

Widgets

Time to reflect...

As I have decided to throw myself into the ELT blogosphere, I think it's only right that I begin by telling you a little about who I am and why I started this blog. My name is James Taylor (@theteacherjames on Twitter), and I've been an EFL teacher to adults since 2006, when I went to live in Brasília, Brazil. I taught mainly one to one classes there for two years before moving to Seoul, South Korea, where, after completing the CELTA course, I taught local English school teachers.

Teaching is not something I had ever considered as a profession until I found myself in Brazil and in need of a job. Luckily for me, I fell in love with teaching English and the journey I have been on since that time has been the most rewarding experience of my life. To have the opportunity to find something that has had such a profound effect on me while also having had the chance to experience new cultures and meet some great people has been wonderful, but it has also been intense. I have read several times that a self reflection log is useful tool in a teachers development, and this blog will primarily allow me to reflect on the experiences of the last few years in a way that will, hopefully, encourage participation from other teachers and maybe even some of the students who were in my classrooms.

There are many things that have happened to me in the classroom in the last few years, and my hope is that by reflecting on them I will be able to improve myself as a teacher. If you'd like to join that process, then I'd love for you to get involved so please feel free to leave comments. Thanks. Now I have to choose the subject for my first proper post...hmmm...so many to choose from...

3 comments:

  1. Good for you James. Teaching needs people like you with such enthusiasm and commitment. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you on the blogosphere. Great stuff so far, look forward to reading more.


    Adam (@yearinthelifeof)

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © TheTeacherJames Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger