Monday 6 January 2014

Pin It

Widgets

A Little More About Me - A Blog Challenge

I'm a bit late to this party, but since I was tagged by @vickyloras @JoshSRound @seburnt @ShellTerrell @_divyamadhavan @leoselivan @Marisa_C @cecielt @cioccas and @shetlandESOL, I really had to respond! The blog challenge is to provide 11 random facts about myself, answer the 11 questions posed by one of the challengers, nominate 11 bloggers to take part in the challenge, and think of 11 questions to ask my nominated bloggers.

I'm going to cheat a bit and skip the last two stages, as basically every ELT blogger in the world has been challenged to take part and there's no one left for me! That's what happens when you arrive late.


So here goes, 11 random facts about me...
























And here are the answers to 11 questions posed by Genevieve White on her blog...


1 When and where are you happiest?

Either when I discover an album that I've never heard before and love, or walking through the forest.

2 What makes you want to cry?

I'm not a crier!

3 Do you think Scottish independence is a good idea?

Well, it's up to them, but I generally think that things are better when we work together rather than apart.

4 What is your unsung talent?

Errr, I don't really have any. Can't sing, can't dance, can't paint, can't make anything. I'm a pretty good cook, but that's about it,

5 What is your all time favourite ELT activity?

Asking the students to create their own comprehension questions before reading a text. It's never failed me yet.

6 Where do you write your blogs?

In the living room, on the dinner table.

7 With which literary character do you identify most?

Although it's hardly the greatest book ever written, I shared a lot of characteristics with the protagonist of Nick Hornby's High Fidelity. Hopefully I'll find one in a Kurt Vonnegut book at some point, that would make my day.

8 If you were an ELT teaching approach which would you be and why?

Dogme - I'm hands off, non-prescriptive but still like a challenge!

9 What would your last ever meal be?

My Mum's roast dinner.

10 Where do you think you’ll be ten years from now?

I've no idea, and that's how I like it!

11 Who would play you in a film about your life?

Ryan Gosling, obviously... Not really, I'd choose Cary Grant.


I hope you found that interesting!

17 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Loved the "how" and the "what" you wrote!
    May you always enjoy life!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEY - great to see you here - did you see MuraNava's man behind the blog ? I loved that one https://elt.makes.org/thimble/these-go-to-11 (and I did tag you too, but since it was just before Christmas, I didn't quite get to the "tell the people you've tagged" bit :-P )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another late to the party, so you aren't last, James! Loved learning more about you, and loved the man behind the blog graphic, Elizabeth Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, so creatively posted! Worth all the time it took :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, and thanks for the link to Mura's effort Elizabeth - he's one clever chap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice!!!!! Cool stuff

    All the good folk - somebody tag Shaun please !!! I tagged #ELTchat bloggers and didn't include our Shaun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do students write comprehension questions before they read the text?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Very creative! Miss you, lobster. Can't wait to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tyson - You give them a little teaser which could be the headline or a picture of the person it's about. You then ask them to write questions for what they would like to know about the subject, or what they would like to ask the person. It's a bit more structured than that, but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Shelly, can't wait to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for answering my questions, James. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your answers! Loved your random facts too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Re your last random fact, no wonder it took you so long. Look at how much creativity you've put into it!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Genevieve, and thanks for the questions in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Leo - it was time well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the formatting with all the photos, James! Oh, and you can cook us all dinner in Harrogate, then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Laura, glad you like it! And sure, I'll take my turn at cooking :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © TheTeacherJames Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger