Monday 5 November 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Blog Challenge: Tell Me About Your City

Love your town? Think more people should know about it? Want to be published on one of the world’s leading travel blogs? Then read on!

Barcelona by the author
I’m one of those people who loves to travel, and due to the wonderful world of the Internet, I am part of a wonderful network of teachers that is spread literally all over the world. We are blessed to have friends both near and afar, and discover new cultures, whether in person or online. As cliched as it is, both experiences really do broaden your horizons.

Unfortunately, much as I’d love to, I can’t come and visit you all and see the fascinating places that you call home. So until the day when I can come to your town, I want you to tell me about where you live. Whether you live in one of the major metropolises of the world or live in somewhere smaller and altogether less well known, I want to know about it.

Oslo by the author
I’d like you to write a paragraph or two for me about the town where you live. Tell me why you live there, what made you choose it (if you did!), what we can find there, why we should visit or anything else you think we’d like to read. No place is too small, in fact the more obscure the better!

I’m then going to collect your paragraphs together and publish them on a fantastic travel website. Global Grasshopper is an award winning site and one of the top travel blogs in the world. They want to know about you and where you live, so they’ve asked me to collect your stories and send them to them.


You can leave your paragraphs in the comments section below or email me at theteacherjames@gmail.com. I can’t wait to share your homes with the world!

It's your chance to be published on the fantastic globalgrasshopper.com!

4 comments:

  1. Heya James,

    I really do enjoy reading your posts. Always a good mix of informative and fun.

    I just wondered whether you are still looking at this task of collecting in people's travel tales?

    I'm doing just such work at the moment with my class of ESOL students here in the UK and this might be a wonderful opportunity for them to write for a real audience. I would like to have them talk about their home towns, describing what's good, where a visitor should go/eat etc. Like a tour.

    Let me know if this is something you're still doing (as I notice it was posted at the beginning of this month) and maybe we can get something to you.

    All the best :)

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,

    That's a great idea, I'll be in touch,

    James

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright © TheTeacherJames Design by O Pregador | Blogger Theme by Blogger Template de luxo | Powered by Blogger